Friday, July 19, 2013

Good Writing is Never Done... It is However, Due

By the time I got in last night it was already this morning, so as our composition class comes to a close, it seems like a good time for me to compose this final post of the week. The fact that I'm blogging at all would indicate that I've learned SO much more than composition, but make no mistake; I've learned a lot about compositional elements, methods, and inspirations.  I've been engaged in a variety of activities, some for my personal progress as a composer, but mostly to gain ideas about how to offer my students of all ages and musical ability the opportunity to think, feel, and work as a composer. Inside Music is a tremendous educational tool that offers almost endless possibilities, and I'm very excited about incorporating lessons and activities into my classes in the coming year. Long after the school year begins, listening to this trio I composed in class this week will bring me back to this room; the learning, conversations, creative time, and making great music with great people. Maybe not done, but due... here's my first project!




4 comments:

  1. Love it! Love it! Love it! Janet, this is so cool! It looks like you have really taken off this week and put a lot of pieces together. I really like the flow of your trio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Martie - couldn't have done it without you, and I just figured out how to edit after posting (3 days after posting...), adding an entire word that I seemed to have left out. Amazing how a couple of days of rest can improve one's vision :-)

      Delete
  2. Janet, thanks for posting your composition in your blog. It's so easy to access that way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, this is a great way to share. Now, about SoundCloud... maybe my next exploration?!

      Delete